There will be thirteen Prizes awarded, twelve weekly winners (3x per week) and one Grand Prize winner. These Prizes will include:
- Grand Prize: A 38mm stainless steel Apple Watch x1 (valued at AU $800)
- Weekly winner Prizes (3x per week for 4 weeks): A signed copy of Tim Ferguson’s book (Carry a big stick: A Funny, Fearless Life of Friendship, Laughter and MS) x 12 (valued at AU $600)
The total maximum Prize pool value is AU $1,400. The Prize values are the recommended retail values and are correct at the time of printing. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any change in the value of the Prize occurring between publishing date and the date the Prize is claimed by the winner. All Prize values are in Australian dollars.
The Prize is not transferable nor redeemable for cash. The Prize or any element of the Prize cannot be exchanged for any other Prize/s. The contents of the Prize will be at the Promoter’s sole discretion. The Prize is subject to availability and the terms and conditions of the entities supplying the Prize.
3. JUDGING AND AWARD OF PRIZES
The Competition will be judged by the award committee (Tim Ferguson, MS Australia and Biogen Australia) within 7 days of the Competition closing. Chance plays no part in the selection of the Prize winner. The Prize winner will be notified via Twitter or Facebook by Friday 7 August 2015. The winning video will be reposted to MS Australia and Tim Ferguson’s Twitter and/or Facebook accounts with contact details (including email and instructions on how to Private Message) for the Prize. The Prize must be claimed by responding to the winner notification communication within 7 days of the winner notification being posted to the MS Australia and Tim Ferguson accounts.
If a Prize winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the Prize by the stipulated date, then the Prize will be forfeited and a substitute Prize will not be offered in lieu of the Prize.
If a Prize winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the Prize by the stipulated date, then an alternative winner will be chosen within 7 business days of the forfeit.
All entrants agree to provide the Promoter or the Promoter’s authorised agent with proof of identity, residency, age and/or proof of entry validity if selected as the Prize winner/s or if reasonably requested by the Promoter or the Promoter’s authorised agent. Proof of age, identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the sole discretion of the Promoter. In the event that the Prize winner cannot provide suitable proof, the Prize winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for any changes in dates, times or cancellations of other arrangements that may prevent the Prize winner from winning the Prize.
The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time before awarding of the Prizes to cancel or vary the Competition or to vary or cancel the award of the Prizes including, without limitation, circumstances where in the Promoter’s opinion;
1. A Prize winner does not satisfy the Competition entry requirements; or
2. The Promoter cannot conduct the Competition or award the Prize/s for any reason beyond its control.
In the event that the Promoter cancels or varies the Competition or varies or withdraws the Prizes it shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage (including loss or damage caused by any negligence) arising out of, or in connection with, such cancellation, variation or withdrawal; or be required to conduct the Competition at any other time.
No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for late, lost or misdirected entries and all entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt on the @MS_Australia, @RealTimFerguson and @BiogenMS Twitter or @MSAustralia @TimFerguson @Biogen Facebook accounts. The Promoter will accept no responsibility for any delays to entry caused by technical disruptions or malfunctions.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any Prizes that are damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the award of Prize/s to, and/or to disqualify any individual who, as determined in the sole discretion of the Promoter, has breached these terms and conditions or who has otherwise engaged in unlawful or improper conduct that is designed to jeopardise the fair conduct of the Competition.
11. Entrants are advised that their personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and their names as the winner may be published as required under the relevant lottery legislation.
12. A decision of the Promoter in relation to the conduct of the Competition is binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Entrants enter the Competition at their sole risk. With the exception of liability which cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of taking the Prize or entering the Competition.
The Promoter (Biogen, we, us or our) collects your personal information when you submit an entry to this Competition (Competition).
If we do not collect the personal information you have provided in the entry form, you may not be able to submit a valid entry into the Competition.
We may disclose your personal information to our family of companies and to our vendors or service providers. We require these companies to comply with the Australian privacy laws that apply to your personal information.
Your entry into the Competition signifies your consent in granting MS Australia and Biogen access to any personal data provided in relation to the activity, specifically any sensible health data contained in your entry or comments made in relation to your entry.
- how you may access the personal information that is held by us and seek correction of such information; and
- how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered privacy code that binds us, and how we will deal with such a complaint.
If you need to contact us, or have any questions, please use the online contact form or the other contact details on our web page.
The winners of the Competition (weekly and grand Prize winners) agree to assist with media relations activity around the Competition (ONLY related to the competition not to any brands, products or any other activity for MS Australia, Biogen Australia or Tim Ferguson) for up to 1 year after the close of the Competition as coordinated by the Promoter. This includes allowing the winner’s video to be added to the microsite for the competition and opting in to communications from the Promoter.
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Apple.